Alrightys, trying to step up the recipe posting game here…
Another quinoa recipe for you guys! This one is one of my favorites and it’s probably because it is quite easy to make and can also be cooked in a big batch (hey I get lazy sometimes too..).
You first roast the butternut squash (rich in vit A and C) and parsnips (which add an amazing texture and sweetness, vit C, and fiber), saute the kale with garlic, cook the quinoa, toss everything together, then drizzle with dressing. DONE.
You can serve it warm and toss the walnuts and cranberries right before serving or have it as a cold salad.
Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
Time: 45 minutes
1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 3 cups)
2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper
1 cup quinoa
1 bunch kale, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 cup dried cranberries
14 walnut halves, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place butternut squash and parsnips on a sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast, about 20 minutes.
2) While the squash and parsnips are roasting, rinse quinoa under cold water then place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, covered and cook until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
3) In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, add garlic, then add kale and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
4) Whisk all the for dressing in a small bowl.
5) Combine the quinoa, roasted squash and parsnips, cranberries, and walnuts into a bowl and drizzle with dressing. DIG IN!