Hmm another thing I love about fall is the plethora of fall veggies that it brings! Nothing like the smell of roasted brussels sprouts straight out of the oven… Here is a tasty and super easy fall veggie side dish to bring to your next potluck 🙂
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound of butternut squash, cubed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- For the maple glazed pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread brussels sprouts and butternut squash evenly on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed down with cooking spray. Season veggies with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and pour over veggies, toss well and coat evenly.
- Roast in oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, while the veggies are roasting, heat a skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the pecans and maple syrup. Stir frequently, until syrup is caramelized, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When the veggies are done, toss with the maple glazed pecans and serve!