During cold fall and winter nights, I just want to stay in and get cozy with a bowl of soup or stew. A warm bowl of this cauliflower chickpea curry is just what you need to get through those chilly days!
Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 14 ounces of coconut milk (canned will produce creamier texture but the boxed works well too)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and curry powder, sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower and stir around to coat cauliflower with curry powder mix. Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and chickpeas.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or until sauce is thickened. If you see that after 45 minutes it has still not thickened, don’t worry you will see it will thicken up when it is cooled down.
- Add frozen peas, cook for 2 minutes and season with salt to taste. Serve with brown rice and enjoy!