One of my favorite desserts is a warm slice of banana bread. Not only does it smell amazing when it is baking in the oven, but also is super easy to make! Here is my lighter version of this classic. I made this during the holidays and it was a crowd pleaser!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until well combined. Then add the bananas and applesauce, beat until incorporated well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the two flours, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Stir on low, add vanilla and any optional additions (nuts or chocolate chips) you decide to use.
- Stir on low until just combined together.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, cut into slices and enjoy!