After a long day, all I wish for is a yummy, quick, and easy recipe to whip up in the kitchen. This hearty recipe is not only delicious (yay for comfort food) but also will be ready in minutes! Because these meatballs are baked, it saves a lot of time. While they were baking, I was cleaning up and ta-da all done! I was ready to sit down and enjoy my meal. I wasn’t sure if spinach would be acceptable in a meatball but I gave it a try and my taste testers loved them! I served these with marinara sauce over whole wheat pasta (I didn’t have any spaghetti at home but penne worked just fine) and sprinkled the meatballs with parmesan cheese.
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 stalks green onion, finely sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat a little olive oil over medium heat and cook the spinach until wilted. Set aside and let cool. After it is cooled down, use paper towels and squeeze the spinach until all the excess water has been drained out.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, parsley, oregano, turkey, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, green onion, and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out the mixture and form into balls (you should have about 24).
- Place on a greased baking sheet, leaving a little space in between each meatball.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven and serve with whole wheat pasta and marinara sauce.