This salad is one my favorites to prepare and pack for work because it is just so easy to put together! Many tuna salads call for spoonfuls of mayonnaise but this one uses dill, balsamic vinegar, and honey to add flavor to the tuna and beans. The cannellini beans and tuna both contain protein to keep you full and the tuna packs in those heart-healthy omega-3s. Served over a bed of greens, this easy salad makes for a satisfying and filling lunch.
- 1 five ounce can of chunk light tuna in water, drained well
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, bell peppers, and dill. Fold together until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over the tuna mixture and toss gently to combine well.
- Serve over your favorite greens!